Sunday, August 3, 2008

reading is the best diet

It's been a while since I paid attention to my blog. Mostly because I've decided to start crossing items off my summer to-do list. I was becoming agitated and I think it was because I had a lot of things I wanted to get done during the summer and I hadn't done any of the things I planned. So this whole week has been spent at the dentist's office, getting an eye exam, choosing eye glasses, back to the dentist's office, cleaning my house, organizing things, etc. I started to feel a little better, although my bank account is depleting rapidly.

Also sucking money out of our account is the arbor/porch the husband wants to put outside. Spending a few hours inside home depot looking at wood started to make me crazy. There's nowhere to stand at home depot; I don't think they want wives there. At least in the wood section. So then after we bought a bunch of wood we brought it open and stained it a nice redwood color. Meanwhile the mosquitos were outside making a nice meal out of me and my husband while we were painting. I think they laugh at OFF spray like its a nice wine that goes with their steak.

So aside from doctor's visits and painting wood, I bought the last book in the twilight series called Breaking Dawn on Saturday at midnight. Yes me, amongst the gothic looking teenagers sporting shirts and pins and face paint. But instead of going to Barnes & Noble I went to Walmart so I wouldnt have to wait in line. I tried on clothes the other day, which I hate doing because it reminds me that I gained weight, so I skipped the cake and punch. I decided to quit eating after 9p.m. in the hopes that it would help with my stomach problems AND keep me from gaining anymore weight. So instead of joining my husband in eating late night whataburger, I went home and read until 3 a.m. I woke up around 10:30 a.m., ate a special K bar and went straight back to reading. I took a quick break at 1:30ish to talk to Randy while he was getting ready to go to work. After he left I poured myself some dry cereal and a tall glass of water and kept reading. I looked up at the clock a few times and was surprised how much time had passed! All of a sudden it was 6:30 p.m. but I continued.

I finally finished the book around 9:30 at night. All 754 pages of the book. My eyes were all shifty and blurry by the time I was done. Then I went through my typical mourning period like I usually do after I read a good book. I mostly sigh and reflect on it a while. I get moody too if its a romantic novel. Not because I'm unhappy with my love life, but I just have trouble adjusting to reality. I get sucked into whatever world is created for me and I get deeply involved in it. When its over its I get pulled out and I have to adjust. On a thinner note, I ate really light. A special K bar, some try cereal, applesauce and tuna for dinner. If I hadn't been reading all day I'm sure I would've been wandering around my house, eating out of sheer boredom, or I would've been out and about, spending money and eating fast food.

While I am finished with my book I'm hoping to stay on the better eating trail. I woke up late again so I had a piece of cinnamon raising toast, some craisins for a snack, and I'll be having some chicken for dinner. Homemade fried chicken yes, but hopefully I can limit myself.

Next week its another dentist appointment, a workshop, and a doctor's appointment. Check, check and check.

No comments: