Friday, October 3, 2008

why mommy has gone insane

A few reasons as to why I haven't updated my blog, or why I have gone mad:

1) The school year has started again and a family of monkeys took over as administration for the school. I teach a program called AVID and while the program is supposed to help high school students succeed in college, its very hard to actually implement the program well when none of the higher ups actually support it. To give you an example, let me first explain my schedule. The ideal AVID schedule has classes separated by grade level since each grade level is working on something different. At the last minute the schedule was changed to have all four grade levels (thats freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors) in one 45-minute class. I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out what each grade level is supposed to do and actually have them work. AVID also involves a lot of paperwork that I have to collect from different departments in the school. While the program has been with the school for 5 years, apparently everyone whose help I need in the different departments have all suffered from memory loss and don't know what I'm talking about when I tell them I need students' scores, schedules, and transcripts. Even though I tell them 3 weeks in advance what I need, they all look at me the day I need it like they have no idea who the frustrated brown-haired lady is and why she looks mad.

2) The English department head at the school hates the elective teachers in their deparment. Namely me, the yearbook teacher, and the photography teacher. We have to sign in every morning at 7:30 a.m. with the english department head. If we are even a minute late, the department head draws a line on the sign in sheet and everyone who signs in after the line is late. So while the teachers are being reprimanded for being 10 seconds late, the students can walk in 40 minutes late to a 45 minute class and get a slap on the hand. That's not even accurate. They get a stern look and wiggle of the finger. Also, the school administration/family of monkeys decided that elective teachers will also be tutoring core subjects. So I have to tutor English, the spanish teachers have to tutor Science, and so forth. I've love for the core subject teachers to tutor yearbook or spanish. Because apparently teachers know everything about every subject. While I was tutoring English one day, a student asked me how they write dialectical journals. I looked at the other English teacher helping tutor and she had to step in. So while I did not choose to get certified to teach English, apparently credentials don't mean a damn thing.

3) I'm taking a night class on Mondays so if I have some free time I try to read or hold onto my last bit of sanity.

4) Sarah Palin may be our next Vice President.

5) I had a run in with some ghetto neighbors. I was driving by in my car when I honked at some high school boys playing football in the street who wouldn't get out of the way. They threw the football at my car. When I got off the car to yell at them, one of the guy's dads started walking toward me saying they didn't throw the ball at my car. Yes they did. No they didn't, he said and came toward me. This is why these ghetto kids are the way they are. Because their idiot uneducated dad is the exact same way. Whatever. I'm sure his kid will be making my fries or washing my car in no time.


6) Randy passed his evaluations and is now patrolling on his own. I worry for him but I knew what he was getting into so I can only pray and hope for the best.


7) The stress has been getting to me and I've been coming down with a fever or cold every 2 weeks. Which means I still have to get stuff done, but now I have to do it while highly medicated.

and finally....

8) Sarah Palin, or Susie Creamcheese as I like to call her, may be our next Vice President.


Thank God its Friday. I called in sick today because I had a fever (shocking) so I've been sleeping all day. I'm going to walk aimlessly around Target for a while I think and buy more things I don't need.

No comments: